* * * IMPORTANT NOTICE TO INSTALLER / TECHNICIAN * * *
PLEASE READ BEFORE OPENING
Failure to read and understand this document, or to follow proper procedures, may result in unnecessary time delays and expense!
This part incorporates an electronic interlock enabled by LEXMARK that will permanently marry the part to the FIRST printer it is installed in upon power-up. Once the part has been installed, it will work only in that printer, and cannot be reinstalled in any other printer.
1. BE SURE THIS PART IS NEEDED BEFORE OPENING THE PACKAGE. The enclosed electronic part package must not be opened unless the part is clearly needed for a repair.
2. NEVER OPEN OR INSTALL THIS PART AS A METHOD OF TROUBLESHOOTING A PROBLEM. If the part does not fix the problem, it cannot be installed in another printer.
THIS PART WILL NOT BE RETURNABLE FOR CREDIT IF THE PARTS PACKAGE IS OPENED AND THE SEAL IS BROKEN, WITH VERY FEW EXCEPTIONS. IF THE SEAL IS BROKEN, IT IS ASSUMED THAT THE PART WAS INSTALLED. ONCE INSTALLED, IT CANNOT BE USED IN ANY OTHER PRINTER. THIS PART HAS AN ELECTRONIC INTERLOCK WHICH WRITES PERMANENT INFORMATION FROM THE PRINTER TO THE PART. THIS INFORMATION ALLOWS IT TO ONLY BE USED IN THE FIRST PRINTER IT IS INSTALLED IN. SINCE IT CANNOT BE INSTALLED IN ANY OTHER PRINTER, IT MUST NOW BE CONSIDERED A DEFECTIVE PART. THE EXCEPTION WOULD BE SOME OLDER CONTROLLER BOARDS THAT CAN BE REWORKED AND MIGHT BE RETURNABLE FOR A RESTOCK CHARGE. THIS PART IS COVERED BY A 90-DAY REPLACEMENT WARRANTY.
EPROM mismatch failure
Warning: When replacing any one of the following components:
- Operator panel assembly / user interface controller card (UICC) / upper front cover
- System board assembly
- Interconnect card or smart chip
- Flatbed scanner / scanner interconnect card / scanner MDC card
REPLACE ONLY ONE COMPONENT at a time: Replace the required component and perform a POR (Power On Reset) before replacing a second component listed above. If this procedure is not followed, the printer will be rendered inoperable. Never replace two or more of the components listed above without a POR after installing each one or the printer will be rendered inoperable.
Warning: Never install and remove components listed above as a method of troubleshooting components. Once a component has been installed in a printer, it cannot be used in another printer.
***THE RECIEVER / INSTALLER OF THIS PART, BY UNSEALING OR OPENING THE PACKAGE, HEREBY UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES TO THE ABOVE STATED TERMS. CONTACT YOUR TECHINCAL SERVICES DEPARTMENT BEFORE OPENING THE PACKAGE IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.***
Lines | Depot Repair Services |Parts & Supplies | Register
& Credit App
| Login & Account Info | Site Map
Warranty& Returns |
About Us | Contact
Us | Checkout | Home