Models & Options
Ethernet Interface for 8920 / 8930
The 8900 Series is
designed for heavy-duty, reliable operation and is ideal for shared
resource use on a LAN, multiuser UNIX® computer, engineering workstation,
minicomputer, or mainframe.
- Designed for businesses that need
heavy duty continuous form printing, up to 9 parts.
- Heavy Duty 18,000 pages per month
- Versatile printing on continuous forms
or cut sheet paper.
- Four-color process ribbon mixable
for seven colors.
Forms Processing Technology.
- Z-Axis Control
provides automatic document thickness sensing and adjustment.
- Page Finder
automatically detects the top, left, and right edge of each form
that is loaded. Printing always begins at the same position, relative
to the edges of the document.
- Metal Tear
Bar for clean and quick form removal.
- Handling Tough Jobs.
- Designed for heavy-duty operation.
- Multiuser environments.
- Recommended workload: 18,000 pages
- Shared-resource environments
- Office printing
- Business reports, spreadsheets, color
- Multipart forms
Technology:Serial impact dot matrix
Fonts: Courier, Gothic Options: Presentor,
Prestige Elite, OCR-A, OCR-B
- Options: Code 3 of 9, Interleaved
2 of 5, POSTNET
- US ASCII 96 character set, IBM PC1,
IBM PC2, Nordic PC, ISO 8859/1 Multinational, IBM Multinational
- Normal, bold, emphasized (shadow),
expanded, compressed, underline, italics (Epson only)
- <27 msec
- 5, 6, 7.5, 8.3, 8.6, 10, 12, 15, 16.7,
- 3, 4, 6, and 8 lpi
- 13.6 in.
Dot Graphics (dpi):
- 240H x 216V
Flexible Paper Handling
- Zero-inch tear-off, automatic top-of-form
alignment, Z-Axis control (auto forms thickness adjustment), Page
Finder paper edge detection, paper parking
- 5-pin push tractors
- Continuous forms:
3" to 15" W x 57" L maximum
- Cut sheets:
3" to 14" W x 4.5" L
Number of Copies:
- 6-part copies in standard mode
- 9-part copies in double strike mode
- 16 ips
- 10 user-defined forms Emulations
- TI 880, TI 855 (Qume/Epson), IBM®
Proprinter, Epson® FX, Epson JX
- 30 Character ABM / Answerback Memory
feature standard under TI 880 emulation
- DEC LA120 with 30 character ABM /
Answerback Memory feature
Interfaces and Connectivity
- CENTRONICS® parallel and
EIA RS-232 serial
- Current loop, RS-423, RS-422, Ethernet
Physical Size (HxWxD):
- 11.1 x 25.4 x 13 in. (282 x 645 x
- 52 lbs (23.6 kg)
- 61 dBa
- 100-132, 200-264 VAC; 47-63 Hz, single
- 225 watts maximum (768 BTU/hour)
- -22° to 150° F (-30° to 66° C)
- 41° to 104° F (5° to 40° C)
- 5% to 95% (no condensation)
- 10% to 90% (no condensation)
- 9,000 hours @ 100% duty cycle
- 18,000 pages per month
- 20 minutes
Print Head Life:
- 300 million draft characters
13 million draft characters, Use only
genuine factory authorized ribbons for best results. Reorder number
1.5 million draft characters per band
(8920C, 8930): Reorder number 2551152-0014
- Continuous loop cartridge ribbons
33 yards, reorder number: 2551152-0011
30 yards (8920C, 8930), reorder number:
Warning: Unapproved ribbons and ribbon cartridges not authorized
by Texas Instruments
may cause premature damage to your printhead and may void the
warranty on the printer or printhead.
1 year return to depot
- Printer stand
- Stand mounted
- Printer mounted
- Acoustic cover
- Top feed tray
- Bar code/OCR
- Presentor and
Prestige Elite font
- DEC LA120 Emulation
- Ethernet 10BT
- Current loop